Hi, I'm Geoff
“First I’ll listen, then I’ll help”
Hello, I am Dr Geoff Pearce, a Performance and Positivity Psychologist and have 30 years’ experience. I work with Performance and Positivity in adults. ‘Performance’ refers to how well people do the things that are important to them, such as:
• effectively and constructively dealing with your emotions (depression, anxiety, stress, anger etc),
• overcoming trauma (PTSD),
• managing discomfort/pain (acute or chronic),
• adjusting to challenges or change, or personal development (self-esteem, self-confidence, etc),
‘Positivity’ refers to having a mindset of being able to do and to achieve. Knowing you have the inner resources to grow and develop and rise above the challenges you face.
Geoff's ready to help you improve your mental health.
Geoff has a Doctorate in Psychology (thus he has the title of Dr) and has worked at three Universities teaching Psychology. He has worked in a range of settings, including private organisations, Government departments and private practice in urban, rural and remote settings.
He is registered with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (APHRA), is a Member of the Australian Psychological Society (APS) and is a Member of the Association of Contextual Behavioural Scientists (ACBS). Some of the therapeutic techniques Geoff employs are Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), Solution Focussed Therapy (SFT), Metaphor Therapy (MT) and Motivational Interviewing (MI).
Geoff previously had a weekly 30-minute segment on ABC Rural Radio talking psychology matters to the listeners. He has written and delivered an array of Psychology workshops to the general public, such as; stress management, developing a happy life, finding meaning and purpose in your life, and, being your best (how to be a high achiever).
Geoff has worked with a diverse range of people from everyday people to professional people. He also has extensive experience assisting people with mid-life concerns and helping them find direction in their lives. Geoff has the ability to enable people to achieve a positivity mindset by:
• teaching mental/cognitive skills,
• cultivating the importance on focussing on what you already have and thus what you can do, on what you can achieve,
• guiding people to develop a sense of achievement and purpose, which in turn fosters a sense of peace, contentment, and joy,
Enabling people to develop a positivity mind state allows them to do more than grow - they flourish.
Areas of experience
Learn more about the various mental health challenges that GEOFF can help you with.